Free Spirit Spheres inc. Covid 19 – Safety Plan
Stop the spread of COVID 19. Keep people safe and healthy.
- Include this message as part of our Booking/Confirmation communication.
- Ensure everyone who arrives on the property is healthy and not exhibiting symptoms of COVID19. Signs placed at entrance to house and in reception/office sphere.
- Ensure all workers and employees have proper PPE at beginning of each day.
- Minimize human traffic at the premises. Discourage tourists who just want a look.
- When dealing with potential sources of contamination put on PPE and observe protocols. Whenever possible eliminate the virus from the premises.
- Completely sanitize Spheres, toilets, bathrooms and common areas. After guests leave and before new guests check in.
Promote social distancing and hand washing.
- Place signs at entrances to structures.
- Place hand sanitizer in every structure to encourage hand hygiene.
- Keep clorox wipes available for sanitizing. Especially POS terminals and High Touch Surfaces like door knobs, handles, taps, light switches and timers, pens and clip boards.
- Close the kitchen and sauna for the duration of the pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment, PPE:
Free Spirit Spheres will make the following PPE available to FSS Staff and Contractors.
Face Shield, N95 face mask. Latex/Nitrile gloves. Employees are asked to bring a change of clothes. Shower is available so employees can shower and change before leaving the property.
Action Steps for Cleaning and/or Maintenance of facilities.
Assess the situation:
- Get the input of Employees, FSS staff and WCB/PHO recommendations.
- Determine levels of exposure and put on appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Watch for vectors that could transmit virus from an infected object to a host, and eliminate them.
- Clean and Sanitize the infected surfaces or take away the vector. Coffee pots and kettles, board games, cards etc.
- Vacuum all upholstered surfaces and rugs with a HEPA filter equipped vacuum. Wear a well fit mask while vacuuming.
Employ appropriate procedures and protocols to reduce the risk. Then clean and sanitize everything.
- After guests leave, and before any FSS employees enter the space:
- Put on your Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensure medical or N95 mask fits properly.
- Thoroughly vacuum all of the horizontal surfaces and soft surfaces using the Miele Vacuum with an HEPA filter.
- Avoid re-contaminating clean surfaces. Don’t vacuum a dirty cushion on top of a clean one. When stripping the bed don’t put the duvet on a dirty surface after you remove the cover.
- Remove any garbage and food waste.
- Carefully strip all the bedding and put it in a black plastic garbage bag
- Be careful not to flap or shake the soiled bedding.
- Throw anything guests leave behind in the trash. Anything disposable that guests may have touched should go in the garbage, unless it can be completely sanitized.
- Remove soiled bedding from sphere.
- Wash hands frequently when cleaning spheres or wear latex gloves.
- Avoid use of spray bottles or pressure sprayers that could aerosolize the virus
- Prepare a bucket of hot soapy water
- Wash each sphere or room from top to bottom with the detergent solution. Wash inside cupboards and wash everything inside cupboards.
- Disinfect all high touch surfaces with a Clorox or Lysol wipe and dispose of the wipe.
- Use a UV-far disinfectant wand to clean the upholstered surfaces and cushions.
- Wash all cutlery, dishes and glassware in the sphere with a strong detergent solution.
- Wear face mask and gloves when doing laundry.
- Wash hands immediately after gloves are removed.
- Don’t shake dirty laundry as it may aerosolize the virus.
- Wash the top of the washer and dryer and any surfaces that may have contacted dirty laundry – before putting clean laundry on that surface. Clean and disinfect clothes hampers and wash the bag.
- Use hottest possible washer and dryer settings.
In the presence of guests, employees or other visitors.
- Always promote social distancing of at least 2m or 6’.
- Wear an N95, or medical grade face mask or equivalent
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer. Offer hand sanitizer to others present.
FSS Staff and Contractors
- Have a shower.
- Change to street clothes at the end of your shift and before leaving premises. Avoid transferring possible contamination to your car.
- Carefully put soiled work clothes in a bag.
- Launder them as soon as you get home and throw the bag away or put it in a safe place.